Steeple Ashton Methodist Church
Revd. David Coppard
Tel. 01373 858805
(Pastoral Responsibility for:-Warminster United, Westbury Methodist, Westbury URC and Steeple Ashton.)
Methodism in Steeple Ashton dates back to 1783 when people met in a labourerís cottage and in 1797 several houses were licensed for meetings. In 1851 one room of a dwelling house was used exclusively for worship and in 1854 the Primitive Methodist Chapel, together with the adjoining cottages was built. The building was fitted out with new seating in 1914 with a capacity of 130.
The latest changes were made in 1991 when the whole building was refurbished and extended to provide a multipurpose room, two meeting rooms, kitchen and toilets including facilities for the disabled. The premises are now used for Worship Services, meetings, retreats, painting classes and many more activities.
Location: Steeple Ashton is sign posted from the A350 Trowbridge-Melksham road. The church is on the left as you enter the village
Sunday Service is at each week.
|Minister with pastoral care||Revd. David Coppard|
|Secretarial Contact||Alison Evans ,|
|Treasurer||Mr Martin Wilson|
|Property||Mr Douglas Belsom|
|Senior Stewards and Diary||Pauline and Maurice Tiller|