Winsley Methodist Church
Methodism came to Winsley in the 1740's when John Wesley stopped off for breakfast on his way to Bradford-on-Avon. Wesleyan meetings started in the neighbouring village of Monkton Farely before moving into Winsley in 1810.
The present building was built in 1903, with an active Sunday School and a membership of about 30. The Sunday School was reactivated in the 1960's and the membership today stands at about 17.
Revd. Simon Edwards
Tel. 01225 759170
(Pastoral Responsibility for:-Trowbridge Wesley Road Methodist, Bradford-on-Avon United, Winsley Methodist)
Address: Bradford Road Winsley BA15
Location: From East/Bradford-on-Avon take the B3108 signed to Winsley. After approximately 2km at the large stone follow sign for Winsley Village (30mph). After approximately 1km go past 7 Stars Public House on the left hand side and follow road around the right hand corner. The Church is on the right hand side.
From West from Limpley Stoke viaduct on A36 take B3108 signed Bradford-on-Avon . Pass under railway bridge over River Avon bridge and canal bridge, ascend Winsley Hill. At the top, pass Avon Park Residential Village on right hand side then in approximately 400m turn right where signed for Winsley Village (large stone on right). In approximately 400m the road narrows and the Church is on the left hand side.
Time of Service; 10.30
|Minister with Pastoral Care||Revd. Simon Edwards|
|Contact||Mrs Margaret Cottrell|
|Treasurer/Property||Mr Gordon Butler|